Senior Specialist: Infrastructure Associate at Liberty Group Limited
Provide advice and support in an area of specialization and take primary responsibility for a number of active investments in order to manage risk and improve investor returns.
3 to 5 years of experience in a similar environment, including 1 to 2 years at the junior specialist level
Advanced licenses and diplomas [NQF Level 07] in financial economics and accounting
Additional minimum qualifications
- Responsible for improving quality, services and work results, continually recommending improvements.
- Plan the organization of work results and process improvement activities in light of a specific situational context related to the area of specialization.
- Proactively identify issues related to the area of specialization, determine the causes and effects, and recommend the best option to implement corrective actions based on previous experience.
- Responsible for actively monitoring and monitoring the performance of assigned invested companies, assessing ongoing risk and quality of investments.
- Provide feedback on a quarterly and ad hoc basis, as required, to the portfolio committee on the status of assigned owned companies and provide updates for investor reporting.
- Prepare valuation models and reports for assigned investee companies to present to the portfolio committee and investors / advisory boards.
- Participate as a member of the portfolio committee which will review all investments and valuations.
- Supervise the collection of distributions, the follow-up of withdrawals and the respect of restrictive covenants.
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure that the investment firm’s reports are accurately reflected in the operating system;
- Find areas for improvement and efficiency in the management of investment firms.
- Advise on any possible consolidation, secondary sale of interests, etc. and work with the Transaction team to execute the secondary sale.
- Provide expert advice and expertise to internal / external clients, who build strong relationships and create a favorable impression aligned with the principles of Fair Client Treatment (TCF).
- Adhere to financial controls, governance and compliance policies and processes across an area of specialization, contributing to profitability
Learning and Growth
- Contribute positively to the improvement of human capacities, linked to the optimization of knowledge and associated with the field of specialization.
- Comply with risk management and governance policies, implement and provide input to the development of related processes, applicable to the area of specialization.
Values of freedom
- Research and information gathering (intermediary)
- Portfolio Thinking (Intermediate)
- Communication skills (fundamental) (intermediate)
- Written communication (intermediate)
- Analytical Thinking (Intermediate)
- Organization and attention to detail (intermediate)
- Interpersonal efficiency (intermediate)
- Relationship management and networking (intermediary)
- Strategic thinking (intermediate)
- Teamwork and cooperation (intermediate)
- Adaptability (intermediate)
- Problem solving and analysis (intermediate)
- Persuade and influence (intermediary)
- Professional / technical learning (intermediate)
Find out more / Apply for this position