Senior Manager of MEPs | News from construction applicants
For over 50 years, we’ve used our imaginations to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities, and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the world, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way, we’ve set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What sets us apart is that we understand and can perform the whole process – or just part of it – from investment to development to construction.
But more importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive and lasting legacy that future generations can enjoy …
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager of MEPs to work on a major multi-million dollar project in Glen Parva, Leicestershire. As a Senior MEP Manager, you will apply advanced knowledge to experts in several specialist fields (MEP Management) and intermediate to advanced knowledge of several job families to complex business problems requiring in-depth analysis. Will influence the results of the main proposals / programs / projects. Provides mentorship and advice to others.
Manage the provision of expertise in the implementation of project engineering operations, and / or on-site engineering services for the designated area to contribute to the completion of engineering assignments, and ensure project delivery construction within the agreed time and budget parameters, in compliance with applicable standards and procedures and the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Manage project engineering activities which may include feasibility studies, instructions, specifications and the achievement of time and cost targets to complete assigned projects in accordance with agreed parameters, and / or coordinate the preparation of project reports construction, contracts and schedules, which may involve the management of tenders and contractual documentation,
- Ensuring appropriate review in accordance with quality assurance procedures and in accordance with applicable standards, may prepare reports and documentation (e.g. plans) to provide technical and expert information,
- Provide feedback to inform decision making.
- Monitor and review engineering activities, plans and equipment and maintain current knowledge of complex technical, policy and labor developments, recommend changes to ensure quality delivery of engineering projects, monitor progress of work, proactively identifying and correcting problems and / or nonconformities, as appropriate and providing expert feedback and / or recommendations to ensure that all issues are addressed appropriately and promptly and that risks are minimized.
- Maintain current knowledge and keep abreast of current developments and trends, ensure site management and execution of construction projects in accordance with industry best practices and in accordance with applicable legislation, may participate in formulation and developing programs aligned with the business plan and team goals which may involve analyzing business drivers and recommending cost reduction procedures.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders, which may include engineers, technicians, site supervisors and contractors, and provide mentoring, coaching and support to team members through training and feedback to encourage and develop internal capacity and ensure team members have adequate resources to function
- Relevant higher qualifications in engineering or a related technical discipline, combined with advanced knowledge in multiple roles or specialties.
- Experience in a project or site engineering role and in the delivery of complex and high volume commercial projects, and / or in-depth knowledge of construction and real estate development industries, and principles of engineering project management , with a thorough understanding of engineering and site management principles.
- Written and verbal communication skills to facilitate decision making, influence and build relationships with key stakeholders, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Decision making, problem solving and analytical thinking, technology and process, verbal communication, written communication.
To apply online click here.
Lendlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, empowering and empowering our employees. All qualified applicants will be considered for the job and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we especially encourage applications from groups currently under-represented in our industry, including those who identify as women, black, Asians, ethnic minorities, lesbians, gay, bisexual, transgender and / or disabled.